"I Can't Adult Today."

We have all had those days... 2 cups of coffee and a million prayers before 10am. We think "Man life sucks!".

But does it really?

I have been learning for the past couple years this concept of excepting that sometimes we have craptastic days but not letting them rule us. Life piles up on us and it's all in how we deal with it. Do we stair at it and think "Man this day sucks!" or do we look at it and say "lets make the most of it!". Up until lately I have been doing the first. I have just sat and let life run me over.

I suffer from chronic migraines and I have 3 kids under 4. I all ways made excuses for myself. I would tell myself that I had to take care of myself. That I had to take it easy. While this is true, not to the extent that I took it. I now know that taking care of myself means taking care of my home. Taking care of myself is taking care of my family. With this realization I got up off the couch and I cleaned I organized and I took my life back.

I think this FaceBook status sums it up

"I think the secret to life is to recognize that it sucks sometimes but not let that realization rule you. I have often wondered how my mom got through a day with 5 kids and a dog and not just shut herself in her room and not go crazy then I remember that she would take time sit at the dining room table and seek refuge in God. She probably had her bad days but she didn't let them rule her. There was no "I can't adult today" because she had no choice 6 lives depended on her. So today I choose to take refuge in my God and not let a bad day (or week) rule me."

Here are the steps I took to rule life.

Get organized.

My husband and I started taking this very seriously at the beginning of the year. We started with the big projects like down sizing our belongings. We got rid of everything that we didn't want or use. we are also down sizing our furniture. in my mind set if it looks like we have less there will be less clutter in my mind.

Get a schedule.

We have 3 kids... if you don't set  schedule the kid will create chaos. Chaos creates stress. Stress creates frustration. right now we have a loose schedule that we try our best to stick to. in the coming weeks I intend to create a more detailed schedule and I will post it.

Make a To-Do list.

The last few days I have made a To-Do list and boy has it helped! I sit down after breakfast and after my youngest goes to bed and I write down my To-Do list and drink my coffee. Making a To-Do list helps me stay on track, it helps me see that I'm getting stuff done and it keeps me going.

Watch my wording.

What we say is how we view things. I try not to think... "I can't adult today." or "I can't take it." or even "Not right now!". When I say these things to myself or even to the world I admit defeat without even trying to make the day work. I also show my kids it's okay to give up. It's okay not to try. so watch what you say and do cause little people are watching.

Count your blessings.

Really take a step back from the situation and see what your life is. when I did this I saw that I am doing exactly what God called me to do and that I had THE most amazing husband in the world and that I had 3 beautiful children who were mostly good and that life was generally amazing. When you take a step back and realize what you life is it puts a better perspective on it.


 So how do you let life rule you? What are some ways you can rule life? What are some steps you can take to rule life?




So get out there and RULE LIFE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GUESS WHO'S WON

Gossip

How Beautiful