what God has called me to do with my summer!

Okay I'm going to start this story off in 2005. I went to a camp in Kansas to work as what they call a "teen staff" I worked in the kitchen and on the grounds crew. This was WAY before my parents even thought about the disciple driven church! I loved it! I loved it so much I was thinking of how to put my life into something like that! The next year I was planing on going back! BUT God told me to sign up for this leaders in training at Calvary church and they sent me to Mexico for a week so we could build a house! I loved it so much I was trying to think of how to put the camp lifestyle into Mexico and whatnot! I went through a year of being discontent and wanting to go back to ether Mexico or Kansas! I finally gave it to God and I finally loved being home in my Missouri. Then my dad leaves my church and shakes up my world and God uses my dad's passion for what he is doing to change my heart! This brings us to 2008, this year!

I start off the year on a Florida beach giving the year to God! then I gave my summer to Him. A month or 2 goes by and I get set free from lots of stuff! One night I have this dream. and in it I get something from the camp I worked at in 05 and its an application and then I pick up a plain piece of paper but I know its another application and the dream ends. My church G.C. was going thought this time of trying to find a place to serve, and we had been having a prayer meeting every week to pray about different things and this one week we were praying about this. A couple weeks before I was having trouble with my spiritual gifts (pastor mercy hospitality and serving) they just didn't feel right! In this week God spoke to me and said "your true heart is in serving people." and my heart agreed! I had always been happy when serving others! This was after I went thought the 7 steps to freedom. I took the spiritual gifts test again at a training that was held in Kansas, and it turns out that I am a serving, hospitality,helps, mercy. The day of this test we were having lunch in the cafeteria and I felt the Holy Spirit tugging at me and I said here I am he said "you are going to work here this summer now go ask!" so I went and asked and so I'm going to work at a camp in Kansas this summer! God confirmed it with bringing that dream back up and told me through my dad that the application I couldn't see was the application to the camp I'm working for this summer! So this is what happens when you give God your summer! Try it some time, your like it!
So hear I am 3 days before I leave wanting to go but SO not wanting to leave my friends and family! Pray for me!


~AEG~

Comments

Krissy said…
I'm really proud of you for following God's "calling" for your summer! I know you'll have a fantastic time and do so much for Him. I will miss you though...we'll have to do some more fun random stuff when you get back :)

Jeremiah 29:11

Popular posts from this blog

Gossip

GUESS WHO'S WON