A lesson from my past.



A couple weeks ago at my Wednesday night church we had a big breakthrough for this generation and generations to come. It was great for me because I was able to admit that i once had an eating disorder, depression, anxiety, and that I really never liked my-self till this past year when God healed me from it. That night I got home and I wondered to my self... If God healed me from everything that ailed me.... why then do I not read my bible or pray to him? If I cant serve the God who made me then what am i doing calling my-self a christian? this i assure you was not an attack from the devil.... It was a conviction! I went a few days reading my bible and had a few prayers.... I can't help but think of my Dads sugar packet illustration. there is a flesh side and a spirit side.... I have herd this illustration many a times but it never hit me like today..... I have been feeding my flesh side all my life... and barely feeding my spirit side.... I know how to feed my spirit side.... I just don't....why? I don't know....but that has to change! It will change! My sunrise has come!

Comments

Jessica Sanford said…
It amazes me... the difference in how one feels when they feed the spirit instead of the flesh. It sort of reminds me of the movie, Molly... when her treatments begin to reverse and she explains that she "feels like before".

God gives us some great cues when we're walking in the flesh-- which makes it even simpler to walk in the spirit. All spiritual maturity begins with obedience, so don't let the lies of satan (whether fear or laziness) cause you to disobey and in turn ignore the blessings God is waiting to give you. :) <3

Popular posts from this blog

Gossip

GUESS WHO'S WON

How Beautiful