How Beautiful

I was sitting on my back deck star gazing when I felt someone sit next to me. now there was no one there...well no one you could see. You know those thoughts you get that you know aren't yours but God talking to you..yeah i had one right then the conversation went kinda like this...

"thought"-"aren't they Beautiful? I made them"
me- "yeah there amazing... why did you make them?"
"thought"- "I made them for you Amy"
me- tears
hehehe...

as I sat there with this presence I had this poem come to mind!

How Beautiful
a shimmer of light
in a sea of darkness
How beautiful
a child's laugh
in a field of screams
How beautiful
a song a trust
in a world of doubt
how beautiful
a man of faith
in a place of death
how beautiful
an act of love
for a world of hate
how beautiful

Comments

Both of your fathers - earthly and heavenly - sit weeping tears of joy while reading this.
Jessica Sanford said…
Next time you're out there, look at how the city lights come in from all sides, making it impossible to see stars. But, right above our deck, you can see the stars clearly.
Krissy said…
It is so beautiful to have a personal, loving God!! I love your poem, too. I think I'm gonna write it on a post-it and stick it somewhere I'll see it often... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Gossip

GUESS WHO'S WON